Saturday, April 26, 2014

Never give up on "your" creative!

Excerpts taken from "Just Thoughts of a Plain Country Woman" April 4, 1946.

". . . ..At a recent meeting of a creative writing  workshop of the University, of Tulsa, the manuscript for that book I've been promising you for so long, came in for its share of criticism and discussion. After all the comments, both favorable and unfavorable, were voiced, I've thought it all over as I've done dishes, made beds, tended the baby chicks, and I am convinced that I shall have to follow my own essay style of telling my story; I do not know how to write dramatically. I've been told by good
authorities that no one writes essays anymore (except English composition classes) because no one reads them. 

Maybe so - but I find a good many people reading and enjoying "Plowman's Folly," "Talking To The 
Moon," and Louis Bromfield's "Pleasant Valley" - an appealing and delightful account of this noted writer's happy experiences as an Ohio farmer.

 In due time, I hope for even a small share of the interest enjoyed by these three friends of the land."

NOTE:  Mrs. Morrow continued her "creative" writing and enjoyed over thirty years as a noted columnist receiving comments, letters, accolades and criticisms from her many readers.  Creativity comes in all styles, sizes and forms.  Find yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment