Friday, September 6, 2013

A Little Discipline Is Good For Us

Taken from "Just Thoughts of a Plain Country Woman"   
 April 14, 1949
 
"Maybe I am a little old-fashioned. . . but we weren't permitted to gad about on school nights unless there was something super-super to do. . . . all our privileges and "treats" depended on whether we had behaved ourselves and had our school work ready. 
If we didn't we couldn't take part in anything.
Maybe I'm wrong, but we brought up "The Boy" the same way and were gratified to hear him say when he was home on furlough once during the war, "I didn't mind the discipline as many did.  I've been disciplined all my life.  What I missed was home." 

Make your home a place of love and discipline.  Your children will grow to love you for both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment